Tuesday 30 June 2015

10.

OK SO LEMME JUST START BY SAYING WOOOAAAH THIS LITTLE BLACK DRESS
so I bought this wee thing and it hung on my clothes rail for months before I actually wore it. it's just a little black dress but the possibilities are endless. I've already worn it three times, I think, on the blog and this things only been set up a few weeks. I've worn it a hundred other times as well. I never used to believe in the power of the mighty LBD but I'm hooked on this thing. I threw an absolute tantrum this morning trying to find it, that must mean it's love. 
I must have more. the best thing about this though, was that it was only £8.99 or something ridiculous. I pay like £180 for shoes I only wear bloody once man, c'mon.

there's a tiny little shopping centre 5 minutes along the road from where I live, called The Mall. it's not pronounced the american way, it's more like MA EL. apparently it was like the first covered shopping centre in scotland or something. but anyway, it's been there for, like, ever and it's had all sorts of things in it since, but a few years ago, they opened a little charity shop and this is where I bought this weird bell sleeve mesh thing for £2.50. I've bought all sorts of things in there, from like 3 pairs of mom jeans for £2.50 - £3.50 to crochet maxi dress for a fiver. it's a little jumble sale of amazing cheap preloved crap, and I'm totally into that kinda shit.

this little outfit reminds me of 90's school disco's and glitter hair and not dancing with boys when they asked you because you thought it was some kind of cruel joke and getting picked up early by your mum because "it's still a school night."

do me a solid and keep scrolling all the way doooown. 










dress - h&m
shirt - charity shop
boots - t.u.k
bag - vintage

so I went into edinburgh today and if you follow me on instagram, you'll probably know about my undying love for the city. it's my favorite place on earth, a bit of a stretch I know, I haven't visited anywhere near all of earth but I just, urgh, I feel so at home here. it's 20 minutes on the train from where I live and I'm going to be coming here all the time during summer. so anyway, I thought I'd share a few little things on here with you guys. 


this is armstrong & sons vintage emporium down on the grassmarket, there's three in the city and I think this is the biggest one. I love visiting this store, it's stupidly amazing. the decoration gets me the most, they have the most amazing, fragile vintage items hanging from the ceiling. I once saw my wedding dress in there, hanging from that very ceiling but I didn't have any money and no one would loan me to buy it. major pouty lips. today I bought a cute a little brown skirt with a scalloped hem and popper buttons down the front and a fucked waist band on the inside but that's the kinda shit I love about vintage clothing.  


this is the heart of midlothian and it's the only place in edinburgh you can spit without being chased by the police. that's because it's situated at the front of what used to be The Old Tolbooth, which was, among other things, a prison and somewhere they routinely held public executions. it was once a sign of contempt for the prisoners who were held and/or killed there but now people do it for good luck. 


down the royal mile. obviously, it's a mile long with hollyrood palace at the bottom and edinburgh castle at the top and lots of amazing places in between.


like, st giles' cathedral or the high kirk of edinburgh as it's more commonly known. 
the mile is built on a hill and do'ya wanna know why this is, it's because the scottish are really fucking smart. so when the castle was attacked by the english, they'd have to climb this huge hill and it's not easy by the way so when they finally reached the top, they'd be absolutely knackered and ultimately probably be slaughtered. it obviously didn't work in the long run though, 'cause we still fucking lost didn't we. 

HOW'S THAT FOR A HISTORY LESSON AE 
I actually know a lot about the city, from growing up in and around it and learning stuff in primary school. my boyfriend was actually amazed with all my knowledge when he first visited. it's weird how I can remember all this crap but I can't even remember to take my pants off before I get in the shower. I wish I'd taken more pictures of stuff to show you how big my head really is and how much crap I can fit in there with all the rap lyrics I know off by heart as well but it was waaay too hot today and I spent most of the day panting like a dog and wishing I'd just stayed in bed instead.


I got these cute rings for £9.95 each (real sterling silver!!!!!) from the little stall pictured above. also how pretentious is this photo, CAUTION WHITE GIRL BLOGGING IN STARBUCKS
but do you guy's like the new header? I drew it myself *insert proud face here* and yes it's suppose to be crappy and messy.

No comments:

Post a Comment